Your first activity is the ZipRider, a zip-line adventure crisscrossing the rainforest canopy with the last two lines zipping you across the Caves Branch river.
These two lines are considered the most exhilarating and scenic in all of Belize and provide the ultimate WOW! The course takes 30 – 40 minutes to zip through a series of 7 zip-line runs from 10 jungle platforms. After zipping its time to descend into Xibalba. The Maya considered caves to be the entrance to the underworld. Rappel through the cave entrance down to the floor and view what the Maya left behind 1000 years ago – great photo ops, make sure you bring your camera!
Experience the thrill of soaring through the tree tops!
Level of difficulty: Moderate – Participants should be in moderate physical condition with no physical limitations to participate.
- Listen, and participate in a 10-minute orientation and safety briefing
- Your Guide will review the SeaTREKhelmet, ladder descent, ear equalization techniques, proper breathing, hand signals for underwater communication, and more
- You will descend the ladder until the water is at shoulder level. A surface attendant will then lower the helmet onto your shoulders; you will continue to descend the ladder, step-by-step, with the aid of the safety diver or SeaTREKGuide.
- Your SeaTREKhelmet receives a continuous supply of air (3x more than what you normally breathe), so your entire head remains dry, you can wear glasses or prescription contacts, and you’re able to breathe normally through your nose (no mouthpiece)
- Every couple steps, you will need to equalize the pressure in your ears (similar to flying in an airplane or swimming in a pool). The helmet is designed to allow you to reach your hand up inside the helmet, pinch your nose and gently blow to easily equalize your ears. If for some reason you cannot properly equalize, you can go back up the ladder several steps, and try again
- Once at the bottom of the ladder, you will join the rest of your group in a single file line. The tour begins once the entire group is on the sea floor
- Your SeaTREKGuide, and safety divers will be with you for the entire tour. You’ll walk underwater along a preset SeaTREK trail for a once-in-a-lifetime experience
- During the tour, fish of all shapes and colors, and local marine life will surround you. Underwater cameras are allowed on most tours
- Underwater tour duration is approximately 25-minutes