The Ziprider Adventure is a zip-line tour through the rainforests of Belize.
The zip-line tour features an intricate harness system of pulleys on horizontal traverse cables which let you glide 100 – 750 feet between platforms up to 120 feet high in the trees at canopy level. After being fitted into a safety harness, the next 30 – 40 minutes are spent zipping through a series of 7 zip line runs from 10 jungle platforms – a truly unforgettable experience! A tasty buffet is served at the end of the tour.
Experience the thrill of flying through the air!
To be able to participate in this Zip Lining Tour you should be:
- At least 4 years of age or older
- In good health or cleared by a physician to participate
- Be comfortable with heights
- Listen, and participate in a 10-minute orientation and safety briefing
- Your Guide will review the SeaTREKhelmet, ladder descent, ear equalization techniques, proper breathing, hand signals for underwater communication, and more
- You will descend the ladder until the water is at shoulder level. A surface attendant will then lower the helmet onto your shoulders; you will continue to descend the ladder, step-by-step, with the aid of the safety diver or SeaTREKGuide.
- Your SeaTREKhelmet receives a continuous supply of air (3x more than what you normally breathe), so your entire head remains dry, you can wear glasses or prescription contacts, and you’re able to breathe normally through your nose (no mouthpiece)
- Every couple steps, you will need to equalize the pressure in your ears (similar to flying in an airplane or swimming in a pool). The helmet is designed to allow you to reach your hand up inside the helmet, pinch your nose and gently blow to easily equalize your ears. If for some reason you cannot properly equalize, you can go back up the ladder several steps, and try again
- Once at the bottom of the ladder, you will join the rest of your group in a single file line. The tour begins once the entire group is on the sea floor
- Your SeaTREKGuide, and safety divers will be with you for the entire tour. You’ll walk underwater along a preset SeaTREK trail for a once-in-a-lifetime experience
- During the tour, fish of all shapes and colors, and local marine life will surround you. Underwater cameras are allowed on most tours
- Underwater tour duration is approximately 25-minutes