Go Beyond Snorkeling!
Snuba allows you to explore a three-dimensional world you cannot enjoy while snorkeling. Swim side by side with turtles and fish along the brightly colored coral reef.
Breathe through a simple to use regulator while your air supply floats on a comforting support raft at the surface. Enjoy SNUBAat any depth, surface, w feet, 10 feet, 20 feet, SNUBA is experienced at your own level of comfort, and your Snuba Guide will be with you throughout the entire tour.
Under Water enjoyment for the entire family
Perfect for couples, families children and seniors; learning to SNUBA is easy and does not require any scuba diving certification or previous experience. Snuba is also a get way for certified divers to introduce non-certified partners and family members to the beauty of our underwater world.
Experience the thrill of Snuba with us!
To be able to participate in the Belize Snuba you should be:
- At least 5 – 8 years of age can Snuba-Doo
- In good health or cleared by a physician to participate (you are required to complete and sign a brief Participant Record & Liability Release Form)
- Be comfortable in the water*
Level of difficulty: Moderate – Participants should be in moderate physical condition with no physical limitations to participate.
- Listen, and participate in a 10-minute orientation and safety briefing
- Your Guide will review the SeaTREKhelmet, ladder descent, ear equalization techniques, proper breathing, hand signals for underwater communication, and more
- You will descend the ladder until the water is at shoulder level. A surface attendant will then lower the helmet onto your shoulders; you will continue to descend the ladder, step-by-step, with the aid of the safety diver or SeaTREKGuide.
- Your SeaTREKhelmet receives a continuous supply of air (3x more than what you normally breathe), so your entire head remains dry, you can wear glasses or prescription contacts, and you’re able to breathe normally through your nose (no mouthpiece)
- Every couple steps, you will need to equalize the pressure in your ears (similar to flying in an airplane or swimming in a pool). The helmet is designed to allow you to reach your hand up inside the helmet, pinch your nose and gently blow to easily equalize your ears. If for some reason you cannot properly equalize, you can go back up the ladder several steps, and try again
- Once at the bottom of the ladder, you will join the rest of your group in a single file line. The tour begins once the entire group is on the sea floor
- Your SeaTREKGuide, and safety divers will be with you for the entire tour. You’ll walk underwater along a preset SeaTREK trail for a once-in-a-lifetime experience
- During the tour, fish of all shapes and colors, and local marine life will surround you. Underwater cameras are allowed on most tours
- Underwater tour duration is approximately 25-minutes