Sea Trek is a guided underwater walking tour designed for non-swimmers and guests ages 8 to 80+. SeaTREK is a memorable and instantly gratifying experience that is accessible to nearly anyone.
Come Join us for a memorable underwater experience!
Multigenerational tour– minimum age is 8; oldest participants are 93 years old!
- Guests do not need to know how to swim
- The tour is as simple as walking and breathing
- Guests can wear glasses or prescription contact lenses
- Face and hair remain completely dry
- Participants breathe normally through their nose and mouth– no mouthpieces
- The tour takes less than one hour of precious vacation time
Experience the thrill of helmet diving face-to-face with friendly marine life!
To be able to participate in the Belize Sea Trek you should be:
- At least 8 years of age or older
- In good health or cleared by a physician to participate (you are required to complete and sign a brief Participant Record & Liability Release Form)
- Be comfortable in the water*
* SeaTREK requires no swimming, previous experience, or specialized skills, guests simply need to be comfortable in the water.
- Listen, and participate in a 10-minute orientation and safety briefing
- Your Guide will review the SeaTREKhelmet, ladder descent, ear equalization techniques, proper breathing, hand signals for underwater communication, and more
- You will descend the ladder until the water is at shoulder level. A surface attendant will then lower the helmet onto your shoulders; you will continue to descend the ladder, step-by-step, with the aid of the safety diver or SeaTREKGuide.
- Your SeaTREKhelmet receives a continuous supply of air (3x more than what you normally breathe), so your entire head remains dry, you can wear glasses or prescription contacts, and you’re able to breathe normally through your nose (no mouthpiece)
- Every couple steps, you will need to equalize the pressure in your ears (similar to flying in an airplane or swimming in a pool). The helmet is designed to allow you to reach your hand up inside the helmet, pinch your nose and gently blow to easily equalize your ears. If for some reason you cannot properly equalize, you can go back up the ladder several steps, and try again
- Once at the bottom of the ladder, you will join the rest of your group in a single file line. The tour begins once the entire group is on the sea floor
- Your SeaTREKGuide, and safety divers will be with you for the entire tour. You’ll walk underwater along a preset SeaTREK trail for a once-in-a-lifetime experience
- During the tour, fish of all shapes and colors, and local marine life will surround you. Underwater cameras are allowed on most tours
- Underwater tour duration is approximately 25-minutes